Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Learning to fly!!


Last week for date night we decided to go night flying and try to catch the moon rising. I had a blast. Shawn took off and then let me take the plane. It is a little decathlon. It is very responsive. I climbed to about where Shawn told me to, and then he taught me how to do slips. This is where you loss a lot of alititude without gaining airspeed. I usually get sick doing stuff, but because it was night and I was in the front seat, I felt fine.
Today we decided to take it up again and do some landings. I helped out on the last one and didn't do to shabby. Planes are pretty pricey, so you really don't want to be impulsive or rash. I am learning a lot. Once you get high enough up it is pretty easy. But take offs and landings can be tricky. Shawn is a great teacher and I am just eating it up.

6 comments:

Straight to Your Hart said...

Rock on! What a way to bond and learn at the same time...When you coming to visit??

Candice said...

Shawn is a great teacher. How cool are you two going on a flying date? I think that we went to the zoo last time we went out.

Josh and Amber said...

Hey this is Shawns all time favorite cousin Amber (Tanner) Hammond. But shame on him for never telling me you guys have a blog! I found you guys through Katrina's blog. But anywho...First off congratulations to you guys for being married (long past I know). I'm so sad I couldn't make it, but my parents had pics and you guys looked great. Shawn is such a great guy and I bet a great husband too. Sounds like it, with these date nights your having! That is so amazing and a little scary to go flying and learn how to fly too! Hope you guys are doing good and I look forward to getting to know you better hopefully through blogging! My blog is joshandamberhammond.blogspot.com

Straight to Your Hart said...

yeah...you left a comment!! How are you?? When do we get to see you again?? Love you

Straight to Your Hart said...

Would you freegin update already!!! Movie is almost here...

The Murray Files said...

I agree with mel......update now. I talked to mom, she said you are a personal trainer. That is so cool. Do you like it?