Saturday, July 10, 2010

Running Ad

If all we want to do is feel good about ourselves, jogging is the ticket. It doesn't challenge us. It doesn't test us. It doesn't exact a physical or psyhological toll. Worst case scenario is, jogging may cause mild perspiration on color-coordinated sweat suits. But if we are willing to push ourselves into uncharted territory, a place littered with broken bodies and remnants of the human psyche, running may be what we're looking for. Without question, it dishes out more heaping helpings of humble pie than any sport we know of. Little wonder so few people have the testicular fortitude to lace up and run like an animal.

2 comments:

Candice said...

I am not sure if I have testicular fortitude...fortitude, yes, but testicular fortitude...not sure.

Jon + Kat said...

Um, since when was jogging not testing? I think it is by for the hardest form of exercise! Oh, I may do the 5k in St. Anthony on the 24th. I think I may hyperventilate on the lack of air, but kind of planning on jogging my 12 minute mile if you are interested (and if I can find a babysitter!)