Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby Blessing

Aviel's baby blessing was a wonderfully spiritual experience. As a teenager, I would have to ask friends for priesthood blessings. I am so grateful for the worthy priesthood holder who leads our family. Shawn is a great husband and father. He helps with our little daughter whenever he can and makes sure I get a break every now and again. How different our lives would be without the gospel. I love you, Shawn. You are my best friend.

All the Bagley siblings.


My favorite bishop and dear friend, Don Snow, was able to make it.


This is my moms dad. The man who raised him was Anson. This picture speaks a thousand words. If the spirit hadn't touched Harold's heart, he wouldn't have become a member. But he did, and so my mom was baptized, and so I was baptized. I went to a church school and met Shawn. In comes beautiful little girl who gets a baby blessing. And I have Grandpa Hart to thank.


Shawn holding little Aviel after the her blessing.


Dad, Avi, and me. I hope her eyes lighten up to something like his or Shawns. We Davison's are suckers for blue eyes. Out of 9 children, 7 of us have brown eyes.

4 comments:

Candice said...

What an awesome weekend it was! Thanks for the get together.

Lorin and Liza said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom's dad. I had hoped to get a closer look at the blessing dress...another time.Thanks for including us.

Chantal and Shawn said...

Thank you Liza, for that delicious salad. My sisters are still raving about it.

Jonathan & Sara said...

How exciting! I had no idea that you had a baby!! I am so happy for you guys! I'm glad I was able to find your blog! I hope you are doing well!
~Sara (Kauer) Tolman